You may have had a brookie before, but you’ve never had one like this! I combined my favorite brownie with my favorite chocolate chip cookie to make the most epic brookie ever.
These brookies are so good you’re going to want to make them again and again. The base is an extremely fudgy chocolate brownie. On top of that is a soft, chewy chocolate chip cookie. The combination of the two is the bomb. The toffee flavor of the chocolate chip cookie combines perfectly with the overly chocolately flavor of the brownie. The decadent, rich brownie creates a unique balance with the chewy, dense chocolate chip cookie. For the cookie, we’re using milk chocolate chips because they pair well with the cocoa powder in the brownie. Don’t worry though, these bars are not too sweet!
The secret to making these bars the best ever is the use of melted butter and 1 cup of brown sugar in the cookies. This gives the cookie layer a buttery, toffee flavor. Because of this, we have multiple layers of flavors throughout that pair together nicely. We start at the bottom with a rich chocolate with a subtle hint of salt to balance out the sweetness. Then we move to a buttery, toffee flavored cookie bursting with smooth milk chocolate. The combination of all of these flavors is intense and delicious. The buttery cookie seems to melt in your mouth while the toffee and chocolate combine to create this deliciously sweet concoction that is mellowed out with the perfect amount of saltiness.
These bars are sure to become one of your favorite summertime desserts! They’re easy to make and are perfect for eating outside.
Chewy, Fudgy Chocolate Chip Brookies
A chewy, buttery chocolate chip cookie baked onto a decadent, fudgy chocolate brownie.
Recipe type: Dessert
Yield: 24 bars
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 11.5 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Grease a 9x13-inch pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add the brown sugar and sugar. Stir until completely combined. All of the butter should be incorporated into the sugar!
- Then add the vanilla and eggs. Stir to combine.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Add to the butter mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the oil and stir until completely combined.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Add to the sugar mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Pour the brownie batter into the 9x13-inch pan and spread it evenly.
- Place in the oven at 350° for 5 minutes.
- Remove the brownies after 5 minutes and top with the chocolate chip cookie batter. Drop spoonfuls of the batter across the pan, then gently spread until the brownie is completely covered. This will be easier than with other brookie recipes because of the melted butter.
- Place the pan back in the oven and continue to bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Use a plastic knife to cut into squares.
Follow my blog with Bloglovin